Senior Designer, Packaging
Creative • Los Angeles
Based in sunny Downtown Los Angeles, Hush is the fun and easy way to get quality makeup delivered to your door. With Hush, customers get access to emerging, established, and exclusive beauty products on a mobile first platform. At the core of our business is a rapidly growing line of first-party products and brands sold exclusively at Hush.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Packaging Designer who will push our creative team to a new level. You must have the ability to work from concept to completion. Must have experience in designing world class packaging and strong skills in creating brand identities. The designer will be working under the guidance of the Design Director, must be highly collaborative and work with creative and product development teams. This role will be responsible for a range of tasks including digital illustration, graphic, package design and more.
- Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas for compelling primary and secondary packaging design.
- Review proposed designs with Design Director to ensure design aesthetics and requirements are met.
- Execute product branding by developing and managing consistent product and packaging codes across core products, line extensions, seasonal campaigns and promotions.
- Drive package design development for upcoming programs/launches. Partner with product development and packaging teams to achieve the highest level of quality for each project - understanding limitations due to timing, costs, etc.
- Present packaging designs to cross-functional team, including 3D renderings and comps.
- Support design and maintenance of a wide array of unit cartons, palette, and component designs.
- Research current design trends beyond beauty, art, fashion and push team with creative, out of the box thinking
- Strong art direction and graphic design background
- Profound understanding of composition/typography and ability to apply on various formats
- Ability to successfully manage concurrent and competing projects
- A self-starter who can take initiative and bring new ideas to the table
- Professional, efficient, organized, detail-oriented and work under rapid deadlines
- Strong understanding of various materials, printing processes, and colors
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and InDesign
- 4+ years’ experience in graphic, packaging, or brand design
- Passion for beauty, fashion, and art is a plus
At Hush, our goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and focused on excellence, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we are committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on your individual talents and qualifications, as well as business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions) sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.